The following are the guidelines for use by the Towamencin Youth Association TYA Softball and Hatfield-Towamencin Baseball organizations for all Spring 2021 programs.
Proper social-distancing and related safety measures should be followed, consistent with local, County, State and Federal guidelines for organized youth athletic programs.
- Families need to remain aware of and adhere to restrictions for transportation to/from all practice/game sessions, and limit their attendance when player and/or family health conditions warrant
- Proper social-distancing will be maintained between all coaches and players before, during and after the assigned practice/game sessions
- Coaches will ensure participants who gather on the field of play adhere to proper safe-distancing guidelines
- Coaches and players will be required to wear face coverings/masks when in close-proximity with one another, such as in a dugout; Players will not be required to wear a face covering while in the field and properly distanced from other players/coaches
- Coaches will keep a face covering in their pocket during high intensity drill work.
- Each time a coach brings players in for close-contact instruction or discussion, the coach will put on a face covering
- All adult non-coaches and non-playing children will be required to remain outside of the playing area and obey proper social-distancing standards for that venue
- All adult non-coaches and non-playing children are encouraged to wear a mask should they choose to not remain in their car during each practice/game session, and follow current social-distancing guidelines in effect for Montgomery County and that field
- All players (catchers, fielders, batters) are encouraged to provide and use only their own personal equipment (helmets, masks, bats, gloves, water bottles)
- Each player must have their own water / beverage bottle clearly labeled with their name
- Gum chewing, sunflower seed chewing/eating/spitting will not be permitted on the field or in the dugout area
- Players are reminded to avoid touching their face with their hands; they will be reminded to use their shirt-sleeves or a personal towel to wipe away sweat from their face
- Coaches will advise against and actively discourage “high-5’s”, handshakes, fist bumps, hugs, and other displays of sportsmanship involving direct personal contact; instead, sportsmanship will be encouraged with a tip of the hat from a safe distance
- Players are encouraged to wear a face mask in place of a mouth guard Players wearing protective masks will be reminded to use their shirt-sleeve or a personal towel in order to remove sweat from their face
- Coaches will enforce proper distancing between each batter in line for the batting cage
- Coaches leading infield or outfield practice, when utilizing a catcher or a coach to throw the ball to the coach hitting, will maintain proper distancing
For more specifics on Pennsylvania Guidelines: